Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Class today: October 28th

Now, I am sick..  ugh.

We are taking the claim practice that I didn't post last night into today..
Therefore...

1. Review the following link on CLAIMS: Claims Handout
2. Review the 4 major ways to make a CLAIM arguable: Claims- 4 major types
3. Then open the following link on Thesis/claim practice: Thesis writing practice
- Do these exercises on your own paper.
First, identify what is wrong with the initial thesis.
Second, rewrite the thesis. Push the argument while trying to adhere to our thesis/claim formula.
Third, tell me why your thesis is now an outstanding thesis (tell me specifically what it does).

There is one that mentions a book... just substitute any book or understand the overall premise of the statement. It doesn't matter about the specific book. As always, take good notes and be attentive to the instruction.

Turn these in at the end of the hour.

I will post homework this afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment